Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Unrest

Unrest is yet another film from the "8 Films to Die For" line-up. This movie won Best Picture for Horror at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi film festival. Well, I don't know how that happened.

The film follows some new medical students after their first day in gross anatomy lab. They have to autopsy a cadaver, but the main character feels an 'unrest' about the body. Everybody who comes in contact with the body begins to die and the main character must put the spirit of the body to rest before she ends up dead too.

The plot is a supernatural horror, which I am not a fan of. I am unsure how a spirit kills someone in the brutal ways depicted in the film. If I suspend disbelief for this movie, then its an okay movie. The kill scenes are pretty gory and the constant pan-overs of the autopsied body are unsettling.

The trailer for the film says it was filmed in a real morgue, using real bodies. I don't know if this is true or not. The director of the film was a medical doctor and he says he tried to make the bodies look as real as possible. He did a good job at that.

I guess I'm pretty ambivalent about this film. I had higher expectations for it and I did not really like the supernatural element in the film. But, the gory is above average for a low-budget film. If you want to see a movie with a confusing plot but nice gore scenes, this is it. I will give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment